eady to quit? Tired of the smell, the expense, the stains on your teeth, etc.?
To help nudge you in that direction…here are some of the amazing health benefits you’ll realize once you quit.
- Within 20 minutes, your heart rate begins to drop back toward its normal level.
- After 2 hours your heart rate and blood pressure will be close to normal levels again.
- Within as few as 12 hours carbon monoxide in your body decreases to lower levels
- The risk of coronary artery disease is 70% higher for smokers than non-smokers. After 1 day of quitting, your risk of coronary artery disease will have already begun to reduce.
- Your abilities to smell and taste begin to come back after only 48 hours because your nerve endings will have started to regrow!
- Nicotine is out of your body in about 3-4 days. This is often where people relapse because the symptoms can peak around this time. For anyone who has tried to quit, symptoms like headaches, nausea, anxiety, irritability, depression are all too familiar. Doing something nice for yourself (a reward) is a very helpful thing to do. Letting a Hypnotherapist make it easier is a nice reward! (More on that a little later in this article.)
- Only 2 weeks after quitting withdrawal symptoms begin to subside.
- After only 3 weeks, your blood circulation and heart function improve significantly. Breathing is already easier and you’ll find you are less winded when exercising or exerting yourself.
- 1-9 months after quitting the cilia inside your lungs will begin to repair. These are tiny, hair-like structures whose job is to push mucus out of the lungs, fight off infection and clear your lungs more efficiently. This can translate to your lungs functioning better and a decrease in coughing and shortness of breath.
- After 1 year of not smoking, your risk for heart disease is reduced to half that of smokers.
Hopefully, you find this motivating instead of daunting. Now…the good news. Hypnotherapy can be your best friend when you’re ready to quit. Since nicotine withdrawal symptoms begin within 2 hours after your last cigarette, those early symptoms can all be reduced through the use of hypnosis. Intense cravings are handled through a variety of tricks and techniques that work so well because we’re working with the mind that really does control the body. The cravings last for only 3-5 minutes. There are numerous ways to spend those fleeting minutes. When we program the mind to desire water whenever a craving hits…it will crave a refreshing glass of water.
What about the anxiety, tension, inability to sleep or frustration that many experience? Since the definition of Hypnosis is a “Deep State of Relaxation” all the work is done in that state and since all hypnosis is self-hypnosis, putting oneself into that relaxed state…the anxiety, tension etc. are handled and sleep is achieved.
I know that many women in particular worry about weight gain from an increased appetite after quitting. We just “program” the mind to desire healthy fruits and vegetables and voila, no weight gain.
Cigarettes are extremely expensive. You will save an amazing amount of money that can now be used to treat yourself to something small now, save for a big vacation later and/or seek out the help of a hypnotherapist to make quitting so much easier!
The benefits of quitting tobacco use far outweigh the pleasure you think you are getting. Most smokers want to quit…but they’re afraid. Let Hypnosis make it easier for you!